Reddit is a major online networking site around the world. In Reddit, there are a number of communities and forums called ‘subreddits’. There are over 430 million monthly users on the platform.
However, there are many people who would like to delete their Reddit accounts. Hence, if you’re not interested in using Reddit anymore, you can delete your account. Here’s how to deactivate reddit account.
How to Deactivate Reddit Account
There is an option to “deactivate” your account on Reddit. Your account will be permanently deleted. So, reddit will permanently remove your profile when you deactivate your account. You will no longer be able to access your profile.
If you make a Reddit post or comment, however, it will appear on the website. It will just not have your Reddit user name attached.
These comments become anonymous because Reddit describes them as “unattributed.” Your own messages will also be unattributed.
You cannot remove your old posts and comments from Reddit once you deactivate your account. Therefore, fefore you delete your account, you must delete your old posts and comments.
Delete Your Reddit Account on PC
You can permanently delete your Reddit account by following these simple steps if you have decided Reddit isn’t for you anymore.
1. Visit Reddit and sign in.
2. Click on the icon of your user account. Navigate to the ‘User Settings’ menu.
3. Click on ‘Deactivate Account’ at the bottom of the page.
4. Re-enter your login credentials. Select a reason for why you would like to delete your Reddit account. Also, check the box next to “you understand deactivated accounts cannot be recovered”.Now, click the “Deactivate” button.
5. As this action cannot be reversed, you will be asked for confirmation. Click the ‘Deactivate’ button.
6. You have now permanently deleted your Reddit account.
Delete Your Reddit Account Using Mobile App
Directly deleting your Reddit account is not possible through the mobile app.
If you wish to delete your Reddit account, you can do so via the mobile website. Both Android and iOS have the same procedure.
1. Open Reddit on your phone using any web browser.
2. Select the three parallel lines in the upper-right corner.
3. Click on ‘Settings’. Now, click on ‘Account settings’.
4. On the next page, scroll down to the bottom. Click ‘Deactivate Account’. Retype your credentials to confirm your identity. Then click the “Deactivate” button.
5. Once you have confirmed deleting your Reddit account, tap on the ‘Deactivate’ button one last time.
Remove All Your Posts on Reddit Before Deactivation
Manually deleting all your posts can be done on the Reddit website by going to the settings menu. The steps are as follows:
1. Sign in to Reddit. Find your username in the upper-right corner.
2. Click on ‘Profile’ in the drop-down menu.
3. Your posts, comments, and replies can be found here. Click on the post you wish to delete. Choose three dots to delete the post.
4. To delete the post, select the ‘Delete’ option from the pop-up menu.
5. When the next window pops up, click ‘Delete’ to confirm your action.
This is all about How to Deactivate Reddit Account. You should also be careful about sharing your details on other social media sites if data privacy is the reason you are leaving Reddit. You may become the victim of identity theft or burglary if you share your details online.
So, be careful of the information you share on the social media sites you have signed up for. Make sure you read the privacy policies before signing up for any of them.
Do not allow social media platforms to access your location. Ensure that posts are only shared with family and trusted friends by adjusting your privacy settings.