Many of you do not know how to insert a line in word, and most of you do know. But for all the newbies who are not familiar with the Word, this article is for you. Here you will find everything about the horizontal and vertical line in the word. So get ready to find out how to insert a line in a word?
From Keyboard How To Insert a Line In Word
There are two primary ways to learn how to add a horizontal line in Word. But we will start with the From Keyboard. Do you know besides three hyphen shortcuts there is five more present? So there is total of 5 shortcuts that you can use to draw a horizontal line in the Word document from the Keyboard. So get ready to learn about how to insert a line in Word.
For this, you need to type the three characters and hold button Enter form the Keyboard. So the Microsoft Word will change these characters into the hoopla lines. You must be thinking about how to perform this function.
- You can insert the line in the Word by using feature AutoCorrect.
- You need to accept that feature, to do that, you need to go straight to the tab File and hit the Option.
- Once you have done this, it’s time to move to another step, in a left pane, you need to press the option Proofing.
4. To the right, there is an AutoCorrect Option that you need to click.
5. Once you have done this, you have to hit the option AutoFormat.
- The dialogue box will pop up. From this box, you have to check the option Border Lines in an Apply part.
- The method of how to insert a line in the Word is the same all versions, but in older ones, this setting is not easy to find.
Are you still using 2003 the pick the AutoCorrect from a menu Tool?
For 2007 you must check the Office option and hit the word option.
How to Disable the Feature
If you want to disable the feature of the line, then uncheck the option Borderlines in Apply Section. You can use the keys Ctrl and z simultaneously to unsurp a feature temporarily.
If you would like to remove the line, go to the AutoCorrect Options in the left margin and pick the Undo Border Lines option.
From this drop down, you can also disable the AutoCorrect Option.
Is the drop down menu is not available, then do not worry because here is the solution? Click on a line and hit the option delete. Now you have to learn how to insert a horizontal line in Word and undo it.
Quickly Insert lines:
Have you disabled the Option, then do not worry because here you will find out how to insert a line in Word quickly.
- first you need to place the mouse where you would like to insert the line.
- Once you have done this hit, a Home Tab and then go to the dropdown menu for a Borders option in group Paragraph.
- You will find a list, so form the list; you can choose the Horizontal option line.
Now you have learned how to insert a line in Word now find out how to undo it. There are some formatting options that are available; you need to double click to check what is possible.
Now you have learned all about how to insert a line in Word and horizontal lines.
Also if you learn more about Word Click here How To Double Space In Word
How to Insert a Vertical Line in Word
Now you have learned how to insert a line in Word. Here you will find out how to insert a vertical line in Word. It is salon as simple as the horizontal lines. There is a various method to perform this function. But here you will learn the easiest and quickest one. After learning these two methods of learning, you can use Microsoft word like A pro. So here are the first methods that you must follow.
- First, you need to disable the Insert tab of a ribbon.
- Once you have done this, you need to click on the option Shape from the tool then hit one line shapes. You can do this from a line group.
- After doing this, the mouse changes to the cross sign. It resembles the plus sign.
- So you need to hold the mouse at the point where you would like to draw the line. Remember; do not release the button of the mouse.
- After doing that, leave the courser where you would like to finish the line.
- Now release the button of the mouse
Now you have learned how to insert a line in Word, whether it is vertical or horizontal.
- For this, you need to select the paragraphs pr paragraph that you like to have the vertical bars.
- Display a tab Home on ribbon.
- After that, click on an icon at the light side of a paragraph. It will showcase the dialogue box of the paragraph.
- After that, you need to hit the Tabs button. It is preset at the left-lower of a box.
- Put the horizontal measurements. It will indicate where you like the bar to appear. If you like 3 inches from a left margin, then enter 3 in the given box.
- After doing that hit on the Bar button
- After doing that check on the option Set
- For other bar position, you can follow the previous step,
- So now it is time to hit the option, Ok!
There are the two options that you would learn about how to insert a line in Word. There are also more methods to add the vertical lines in Word. But the methods mentioned above are most straightforward.
Conclusion: how to insert a line in word
How do you find these methods? Now you have to know how to insert a line in word. It is not a difficult method, but it does need little concentration. Many users find this simple and easy. Do let us know what do you think?