Sometimes when you are sharing the excel files, you don’t want to share some particular cells or sheet. So, for this reason, you can lock the cells. But most of you do not know how to lock cells in excel. You can prevent and secure the sheets and cells easily by following the methods mentioned below. So, here you will also find some bonus tips and other tricks. So get ready to find more about the excel sheet and prevent your date from any change.
- 1 How to Lock Cells in Excel [New Guide] 2020
How to Lock Cells in Excel [New Guide] 2020
The process of lock and unlock the cells is very straightforward. Once you understand then you can do it in just some seconds. You just need to remember the password that you have entered. This is the only difficult thing in this. Just for put the smile on your face before starting the learning.
Unlock and Lock specific cells
If you are working on an excel sheet, it is always a little tricky. You enter your data in the cell but unable to lock the cell. It leads to loss of data. So how to lock cells in excel is not a difficult question, but it needs little concentrations. So get ready to find out about how to how to lock cells in excel 2010. So get ready to find out more about it
- Firstly you need to click right on the rang or the cell that you like to lock. So here you will find how to how to lock specific cells in excel. When you right-click on the particular cell list will appear. Form the list, choose the option Format Cells.
- After that Format cell, windows will appear on the Personal Computer. There is also a shortcut to these windows that is Ctrl and 1 key. In a Format, the cell window goes to the option Protection.
- Once you have done the check is the lock option is ticked.it will now become the default setting for the cells in the new excel sheet or window.
By doing this, you have learned how to lock certain cells in excel.
Have you protected the world sheer ( you will learn in the next step)? No one can edit those cells.
How to uncheck the cell?
If you want to edit toe particular cell, you need to unlock the specific cell from the locked box.
For you, it is the lengthening method. Do not worry because we have some fantastic short curs for you. So get ready to find out how to lock cells in excel quickly.
2nd Step: Protect your worksheet
Now you know how to lock cells in excel. You have also learned how to unlock it. by doing this, you can edit it whenever you like. The next concern of the user is how to secure the worksheet? The best thing about locks sheets is that by doing this, no one can unlock the locked cells. Though we can modify it but not unlocked. Let s us find out how to protect the sheet.
- Open the sheet that you would like to protect, at the bottom of the excel sheet click right from the mouse. After that choose the option Protect sheet.
- When you click on the project sheet, the new window will open. It will provide you the opportunity to enter a password. So you can protect the sheet via password. Once you have entered the password, press the option Ok.
A protected sheet means no one can unlock the locked cells, and your data is secure. If anyone tries to make changes to the secure sheet, they will receive the error message.
An alternative way to secure the sheet:
The alternative method to secure the sheet is to choose to protect the sheet option from the review of a Ribbon.
So have you learned how to lock cells in excel? And also have a grip on how to secure the sheet from invaders. These methods are easy to use. After this using an Excel sheet is no more a mess.
Here is the Bonus tip to learn how to lock cells in excel.
Here we have some quick tips to learn how to lock cells in excel 2010. These tips for sure help you to learn how to lock cells in excel.
Learn how to lock specific cells in excel and how to prevent it.
- In step one, you have to learn how to lock cells in excel. But these tips are helpful or all users who want to insert data in the excel sheet.
- For this, you need first to turn off the options of a locked cells. By doing this, users only edit the unlocked cells. By using the tab key from the window, they can quickly move to the next open cells.
- Again you need to open the Protect Sheet window and choose the option Locked cells and then hit the button ok. Once hit the ok button, you can see the open cells.
Another tip on how to lock certain cells in excels.
Do you know how to add the locking cells option to the Access toolbar? If not, you will learn here and also find how to lock cells in excel in a few seconds. There is no need to follow the lengthy procedure. So get ready to find out more about it.
- For this, you need to click on the Ribbon from Home. You can also open the menu from the Format option and look for the Lock Cell Option.
- After that, click right on the Lock cell and choose the options Access Toolbar.
- When you select the option, you can see the icon of a lock on the toolbar at a top of a workbook.
- So whenever you open the sheet, this option will appear on the toolbar. So how to lock cells in excel is nor more a difficult task. All you need is to click on the Lock icon.
- It will also tell you whether the active cell is unlocked or lock. If the particular cell is unlocked, the background is light when locked; it is black.
Now you have learned How to Lock Cells in Excel and how to unlock them as well. It’s time to start the work on excel. You can start the work online as well on office.com.
Have you tried these tips and methods? If yes, then do let us know. These are the easiest way to learn how to lock cells in excel.
Here you will find tips and tricks about how to lock cells in excel? So why worry about it? Here are some fantastic methods.