Are you a beginner to the Microsoft office and do not have a firm grip on it? The Excel office is must be a little challenging for you. When you get an assignment where you need to merge the cells on the excel, it becomes a nightmare for you. Do you not have any idea how to merge cells in excel?
To most people, it is not a difficult job. Are you the one who afraid to try new things in an excel sheet then get ready for this blog. All you need is to take out your laptop and learn in detail everything regarding cell merging.
In Excel, cell merge permits you to combine the content of many cells into the single cells. When you do merge, the content from the upper-left cell retains. The following are the points that we have discussed.
- how to merge cells in excel
- how to merge multiple cells in excel
- how to merge and center cells in excel
so get ready to find more about it.
How to Merge Cells in Excel
Are you new at excel and don’t know much about excel? It is the best software that helps you out with various projects. But sometimes you stuck in when merging the cells. To find out how to merge cells in excel. It is not a complicated process; it is as simple as it looks. To learn how to merge cells in excel mac or on Personal computer, you need to follow the steps mentioned below. These steps are easy to learn and follow. The screenshot will help you to get complete details about the steps.
How to Merge Cells in Excel Also Watch in The Video Toturial
Steps to Follow to Learn How To Merge Cells in Excel.
By this method, you will also learn how to merge 2 cells in excel and how to merge multiple cells in excel.
For this, you need to select the cells that you would like to merge and form the one unit cell.
So take the example, for instance, you want to merge the cell from A9 to A11. Then here the best steps.
- First, you need to select the cells you would like to merge.
2. Once you select the cells, then navigate to a derp-down menu to Merge and Center and need to click an arrow.
3. Once you click the arrow, the various options will be visible on the list.
4. There are various merging option appears you will click on the Merge Cells option and here you. Here you will also find the answer to how to merge and center cells in excel.
5. Once you select the Merge Cells, the pop up the window appears. This dialogue will tell you that it is merging the selected cells. If you like to execute hit command, you may click the option ok.
6. Now you can hit the option ok or hit the button Enter from the keyboard.
After this, all your selected cells must merges. Here Cells from A9 TOA11 all merged and appeared as a single cell. This also has one reference that is A9.
Remember one thing all content here is not centered.
How to Merge and Center Cells in Excel
Now, you have learned how to merge cells in excel. It is the same as it looks. But it’s done not end here. You can not only merge the cell but all center cells in your excel. You must be thinking about how to merge and center cells in excel. It is simple as merging cells. centering and merging cells is similar to the topic “how to merge cells in excel.” In this centering of the cells, it will change the position of the cells. In this, it horizontally centers the cells’ position. So you need to follow the steps mentioned below to learn about it.
- In this, you will choose the cells that you would like to merge, such as A9 AND A11.
- Once you have selected the cells that you want to merge, navigate to the drop menu present at the right-left top corner. form there click the drop-down arrow
3. After click and choose the option merger and center, then a pop-up window will appear.
4. You need to press ok because by doing this, you are allowing it to execute the command of merging and centering.
5. When hitting the Ok option, it executes the command centered and merged.
Now you can see the difference between the cells that are merged and centered
Now you have learned how to merge cells in excel and how to merge and center cells in excel.
How to Merge Multiple cells in Excel and Other
Now you have learned how to merge cells in excel. But for beginner merging, the multiple or two cells is the complicated process. They get confused when you ask them how to merge two cells in excel.
For all the beginners emerging the 2 cells or more is the same. You need to follow the steps then at ar mentioned under the heading how to merge cells in Excel.
Do You Know How To Unmerge the Cells?
Now you have the firm grip on how to merge cells in excel. But do you know how to unmerge the cells? The unmerging cells are not tricky .it is as simple as merging. All you need to follow the steps mentioned below. Here are the steps
- First you need to select t the merge cells that you wanted to unmerge. For instance, you take the merge cell A9.
2. After selecting the merged cell, then go straight to the drop-down menu at the right corner. Form their click on the arrow and choose the option to unmerge.
3. So it is as simple as ABC. No Hard and fast rule for it. If you learned about merging, then unmerge is not a challenging action. Everything thing is present on the navigation bar. These processes need little concentration and focus.
Are you All set to Merge the Cells in Excel?
Are this blog is helpful for you? Most of the readers find it use full. It is also beneficial for you to let us know because it enables us to bring more solutions to you.
In the article, we tried to cover everything from how to merge cells in excel. To how to merge and center cells in excel. There is also a bonus method for you to unmerge the cells.
Do you have any assignments on the excel? Then open the excel window and apply these used methods. It will also make your assignments easy.