Reddit is an online discussion forum that is very popular. Users are able to post not only images, but also links, texts, and videos.
But, the ability to directly upload videos to Reddit was unavailable before August 18, 2017. Videos had to be uploaded to third-party video hosting sites such as YouTube.
Then, the video links were posted to Reddit. It was really a tedious and lengthy process.
However, Reddit launched native video uploading only in 2017, letting users upload videos straight to Reddit.
So, how to upload videos to Reddit? Let’s find out.
How to Upload Videos to Reddit?
To upload videos on reddit, you need to be following a few upload requirements.
Reddit also has a limit on video uploads, just like other platforms. Here are the requirements:
- Maximum file size: 1GB
- Maximum video length: 15 minutes
- Supported video formats: MOV, MP4
These are the file size, video length, and format limits for Reddit video uploads.
Reddit users may also wonder if they can upload videos in 4K or 60fps. There hasn’t been an official statement regarding this question so far.
So, now you know the official upload limits of Reddit. Now, let’s check out how you can upload videos on Reddit using Pc or Mobile.
How to Upload Video to Reddit on Android Mobiles?
Follow these steps to upload videos to Reddit using Android Mobiles.
1. Install the official Reddit app on your smartphone or tablet. It can be downloaded from the Play Store.
2. Sign in with your own Reddit account.
3. Click on the pencil-shaped button to create a new post.
4:. Click on the “Video Post” indicator to bring up the panel.
5. Select the subreddit you wish to view from the Choose a community menu.
6. Choose between two different icons to record a video or to upload it from your phone
7. Type the video’s title in the box. Hit the Post button.
How to Upload Video to Reddit on iPhone/iPad:
To upload a video to Reddit using an IOS device, you need to follow the below steps.
1. Go to the App Store and install Reddit.
2. Use your username and password to log in.
3. Go to the top of the panel and click Post something interesting.
4. After clicking the Library icon, select the desired media file.
5. Choose a subreddit. Name your video.
6. Now Post it.
How to Upload Video to Reddit on Windows/Mac
Please refer to this step-by-step tutorial for instructions on how to post videos to Reddit through a web browser:
1. Launch your web browser. Go to the Reddit website. Enter your username and password by clicking on the login button in the top right corner.
2. On the top right corner, click on the (+) button. You will see a new form.
3. To post your video to a Reddit community, click the Choose a community menu. You can also choose from among your subscribed subreddits.
4. Select the Video & Image tab. You can then drag and drop video targets here.
To upload a video to Reddit, click the Upload button. Don’t upload a video that exceeds Reddit’s upload limit.
Sometimes, in the Image & Video tab, a red circle with a line indicates that videos cannot be uploaded to this community. Some subreddits do not allow videos.
5. In the Title field, type a title for your post. Add tags and a thumbnail.
6. In the bottom right-hand corner of this form, click the POST button. You will immediately see your video uploaded on Reddit.
This is how to upload videos to Reddit. The platform has slowly transformed into a Video centric forum from being image-centric. And, Reddit’s native video upload feature has a big role to play in this.