No one on this planet likes a blurry picture unless it is aesthetic or can be posted on Instagram.
That’s why in this piece, you will find out how to unblur an image on your PC or via the Internet.
In this article, I have listed below follow-through instructions on how to easily unblur any image for free.
There are many ways in which digital photography has improved amateur photography.
As long as you take another picture if you notice it right away, it’s no big deal. What if you hadn’t checked in time and you couldn’t reshoot?
It is sometimes impossible to get the perfect picture the first time. I know how frustrating it can be to lose that chance.
Blurry photos in your computer collection no longer have to be lost, thanks to digital technology and advanced software applications. These days, we capture every memorable moment with a camera.
Learn how a variety of tools and methods can be used to unblur a photograph. Without delays, let’s jump right in!
- 1 How To Unblur a Photo Or Image
- 1.1 Method 1: Unblur an image using Photoshop
- 1.2 Method 2: Using Microsoft Paint (Paint.net)
- 1.3 Method 3: Use SmartDeblur to unblur images
- 1.4 Method 4: Unblur Photo with Snapseed (iPhone & Android)
- 1.5 Method 5: How to unblur a picture with GIMP
- 1.6 Method 6: How to unblur a photo using Fotor Photo Blur
- 1.7 Method 7: Unblur images with Blurity
- 1.8 Method 8: How to unblur photos using Photo Sharpen
- 2 Conclusion:
How To Unblur a Photo Or Image
Many online tools and software programs can be used to unblur your photos or images, including Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.net, and more.
It is very important to create a backup copy of the image file that you will be working on before starting to work with it, regardless of the tool you will be using. It’s better not to get something worse than the original.
There are no perfect photographers. Therefore, the images we capture may contain defects. It’s mostly the blurriness of our photos that makes them unusable.
It is possible that the camera moved/shook when you clicked the image or that you didn’t focus well when you clicked the image. You need to have these pictures.
The following methods will show you how to unblur a photo both offline and online.
Method 1: Unblur an image using Photoshop
You can unblur images with Photoshop’s various tools. A blurry picture can be sharpened in three ways. Let’s discuss all of them one by one:
Fix blur using Photoshop Elements:
- Use Photoshop Elements to open the image.
- Choose Filters, then select Enhance.
- Choose Unsharp Mask.
- To sharpen your image, adjust both the Radius and Amount.
Once you get it right, the pictures are spectacular. You have to adjust a bit, but it’s well worth it.
Fix blur using just Photoshop:
- Start Photoshop and open your image.
- Duplicate the background layer and select it.
- Choose Filter, Other, and High Pass and set it to 10%.
- To make the image clearer and fixing the blur, switch the layer’s blend mode to hard light and adjust the opacity.
With a newer version of Photoshop, you can also reduce blur in images by using camera shake reduction:
- In Photoshop, open up your image.
- Choose Filter, Sharpen, and Shake Reduction.
- Photoshop will show you the differences after it has worked its magic.
Photoshop can take care of everything with this final option. You do not need to enter any information. The before and after images will be displayed separately as long as the preview is enabled.
Method 2: Using Microsoft Paint (Paint.net)
An easy method for sharpening or blurring images is the “Unsharp Mask” feature in Microsoft Paint. So, if you have a Windows OS, this might be the easiest method for you.
Follow these steps:
- Launch paint by clicking the “Windows” button. Navigate through your files with the “Ctrl + O” buttons pressed simultaneously. Select the picture you would like to open in the program by clicking twice.
- On the screen, click “Layer” and “Duplicate” to create a layer to use with the layer mask. Adjust the settings by clicking on the “Adjust”. You will then see a dialog box with options.
- According to how much importance you want to give to the picture, adjust the mask’s “clipping,” “radius,” and “strength.”. There is a difference in the menu settings, depending on which picture parameters like the size and quality you are unblurring. The dialog box will help determine the correct settings. You should apply 2 to 3 pixels of radius and 100 points of strength. Clipping to 10. Make sure you are happy with the final result by experimenting with the features. Once you are set with the image, click the “OK” button.
- Set the opacity of the “Unsharp Mask” layer using the slider bar. Achieve the sharpness you desire by adjusting the settings. It is usually best to choose a level of opacity between 60 and 70 percent. Finally to get your unblurred image, select “layer selection“, on “Merge” and on “Merge All Flatten”.
Method 3: Use SmartDeblur to unblur images
Are you looking for a better focus for your blurred image? Easy to use, SmartDeblur lets you open images quickly and easily. The latest version of SmartDeblur is available for both Windows and macOS on the official website.
The blurred image you want to restore can be dragged and dropped onto the application window after it is opened. When the blurred photograph appears on the screen, you can edit the blur settings in the Blur Parameter area. Then, choose the defect type (the blur type), and adjust the smoothing and radius bar until you end up with an appropriate image.
Method 4: Unblur Photo with Snapseed (iPhone & Android)
You can download a free app called Snapseed from the App Store or Play Store if you have an iPhone or Android smartphone and don’t want to use your laptop. It is possible to unblur many of your photos quickly with this app (for android and iOS).
If you want to use Snapseed on your Windows PC, you can download any free android emulator for windows.
Unblurring a Blurry Picture with Snapseed: What Are The Steps?
- Upload a blurry image to Snapseed
- Selects the details
- Then choose the sharpener and unblur
- Select Structure> Show more details
With this app, you can unblock any picture by using 2 extra options at the same time. Each of these options together gives you the best picture quality. Blur is eliminated with the sharpen tool and detail is added using the composition tool.
Method 5: How to unblur a picture with GIMP
You can use GIMP if the above methods do not satisfy you. It has the same ability to unblur images as the tools listed above and it is free.
GIMP is a free image editor you can use instead of Photoshop if you don’t have it or want to pay for it. Many of the same features are available in this program as those in paid apps like Photoshop.
GIMP is an image editor with tremendous power, so the learning curve is a bit of a challenge, but it’s worth it!
The tutorial to unblur photos using GIMP:
- Go to GIMP and open a picture
- Click Blur / Sharpen in the toolbox
- Drag the photo to sharpen it
- Additionally, you can tap an area of the image to enhance its sharpness.
- Once you have done this, you will notice the image/photo is no longer blurred.
Method 6: How to unblur a photo using Fotor Photo Blur
Besides offering free editing tools right from the website, Fotor is one of the most popular photo editing suites. Elegantly designed, the site has an interactive interface. Pro tools are also available for a fee, but the free ones are quite adequate for most users. Despite its function as a blur tool, it can also be used as a sharpener by reducing the blur level to decrease the amount of noise.
The Basic tools are located in the left-hand menu, and then Basic in the left-hand menu again. To unblur your picture, there is a Sharpen slider, use it till you get the desired results.
From your device, you can import the image and make changes. Menu options include the blur option. The staining intensity can be adjusted. Besides filters, stickers, and effects, you can also apply many other features to your image.
Additionally, you can choose from a variety of collage and design options that you can combine with your Facebook and Instagram photos. This tool is completely free, and it is an excellent way to make your photos more pleasant and aesthetically pleasing.
Method 7: Unblur images with Blurity
In addition to removing blurs caused by movement, blurry photos can now be enhanced by blurity. The Windows version of Blurity is available for download.
The free images will, however, be watermarked if they are unblurred. The paid version is the only way to remove them. The price is around $ 79. Blurity can also help you restore blurred images like notes or photos that were mistakenly blurred.
Method 8: How to unblur photos using Photo Sharpen
This online tool allows you to sharpen and unblur images. Besides editing, there are not many filters or options. Nonetheless, it does exactly what it says.
It accelerates your uploaded photos. Uploading images and clicking the Sharpen button are the only options. You can view or download the sharpened image after it has been sharpened.
Almost all web browsers are compatible with it, regardless of Windows or Mac operating systems. All standard formats, such as JPEG, GIF, and BMP, are supported.
Listed below are some examples of how you can Unblurred pictures. There are so many ways to fix a picture now, thanks to new technology, cameras, and more powerful devices.
You can unblur any image by using these methods because they are fast and give results quickly. The lesson from this is to never blur an image if you wish to hide something. Instead, black it out.
Do you know any other method to unblur an image?
Feel free to mention them and your favorite method below as well.