When you are trying to perform any action and see the message you need permission to perform this action, it will ruin your day. But form now onwards you can work smoothly because we have some methods for you to deals with these issues.
1st Method “You Need Permission To Perform This Action” Have You Installed The Third-Party Antivirus?
When you use and Windows, you will notice the error or a message on your screen Moat of us have seen the word “you need permission to perform this action” error in windows but unable to fix these issues. We can understand it can irritate you a lot. This solution that we are sharing with you will be helo full in disabling the message you need permission to perform this action windows 10.
So first, you need to disable the antivirus other than Microsoft. Sometimes these antiviruses can be the culprit. After disabling the antivirus and you do not see the issues, you need permission to perform this action then never install it again. Contact the vendor form where you bought the software or install any other antivirus on your PC.
If this issue presents, do not exist worry, we have any other solution for you.
Check 2 method in video Tutorial
2nd Method: Scan The PC For Malware
Is the method mention is not working for you, then do not worry. We have another solution for you to deal with the windows 10 you need permission to perform this action. You need to check if your computer malware is infected. For this, you can use your antivirus or Windows building Defender solutions.
For this, you need to follow these steps
- Firstly go to the Start Menu from start menu select the option Defender(without the quotes)
- After that, you need to pick the Window defender from option and choose scan option
The method mentioned below is best for the windows 8.1 and 8
- First, need to choose the Start button from there Search box
- in your search bar, type window defender and select defender form the given list( window defender)
- Go to the window defender update section.
- In the update, section chooses home and then scans option.
- once you have done this pick the option scan now
The method mentioned below is best for Windows 10
- First, you need to open your Start menu. IN the search bar enter the word setting
- Choose the setting and look for the update&security section.
3. In the update and security section, pick the options window defender, and tick the full scan.
To fix the issues of the message you need permission to perform this action windows 10, you need to examine every inch of the site. Is this method is not working for you, then do not worry. We have an alternative solution for you.
3rd Reboot The Personal Computer In The Safe Mode
Is the anti-malware unable to solve the issues them run your operating system in Safe Mode? If you are using Windows 8 or Wind 10 follow the instruction mentioned below. After performing this action, you can solve the issues you need permission to perform this action.
- First, you need to go to the Start option and click the power button.
- After that, hold nad press Shift key and power button simultaneously.
- After doing this your computer reboot into a Troubleshoot screen
- In a troubleshoot screen go to the Advanced options
- Then to startup setting and hit the restart option.
- It will reboot the personal computer. when the Computer restarts press the button F4 from the keyboard,
- After that check, if the laptop is perfect now.
If you are using Windows 7, then follow the steps mentioned below
- Save the work and pick the option restart
- While your PC is rebooting, press the option F8 form the keyboard.
- Choose the Safe Mode option.
IS this working to solve these issues you need permission to perform this action. If it doesn’t work, do not worry, there is the other solution for you.
4th Check the System Security Permissions
If the issue “you need permission to perform this action” persists, then loo for system security permission. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- You need to click on the problematic app, folder, or file after that choose properties from your menu.
- After that, go to the Security lab then look at the account, which allows you to check-in under the name or group section. After that, press the Edit option.
- Choose an account in the question of the permission section.
- In a allow column, go to full control, then press the option Apply and then save.
Is this solved the error “Windows 10 you need permission to perform this action?” If yes, well and right, if don’t worry because there is one more solution for you to deal with these messages.
5th Change Ownership For The Problematic area
Nothing works for you need permission to perform this action. Then change the ownership for the area where it is giving the issues. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below
- first you need to the right click on the item which is restricted by the message you need permission to perform this action windows 10.
- Choose the option properties and go to Security la and choose the Advanced Option.
- After that, navigate to an owner section from there click on the change, There you will see the Group window or Select user option.
- Enter the name of the object to the select field after that type the username or Administrator. Press on Check names options the hit the options.
- Replace the ower on objects and sub-containers, then apply and press the option oK.
You can also take the owner shop of issues item by following the steps mentioned below
- First, you need to press and hold the Wind and S key on the keyboard and enter the code “CMD” do not use the quotes.
- The list appears in front of you. Pick the Command Prompt form options and pres right clock on it. After that pick, the option runs as an administrator.
- Also, provide the administrator credentials or conformation.
- The elevated prompt will appear. there you need to enter the Command
takeown /f “path_to_folder” /r /d y
icacls “path_to_folder” /grant administrators:F /T
After that close the command prompt window and restart the computer
Is this method solve the issue ” windows 10 you need permission to perform this action.”
6th Method: Have You Added Your Account To The Group Of Administrators?
You need permission to perform this action occurs when your account is nit added to the
Group of administrators. Here the steps by which you can be the part of Administration
For Windows 7
- go the start menu form there choose the control panel and press Use account.
- Again clicks on the User Account. After that hit the option Manager User account, give them the conformation or the password.
- After that, go straight to the User option than to User for this PC. From there, select your account. And the press chooses the option properties.
- Move to a Membership tab for the Group. press the Administration Group and touch the option OK
For Windows 8 or 8.1
- Holde the Win +x key to choose the Command prompt. type the following Command
Prompt dialog:net localgroup-
you will see all the groups.
- Run the command
- Administrators [username] /add
- you need to press the Win Key, and X choose Computer Management
2. Local Users and the Groups after that Users
3. In a left, locate the account and also double-click.
5. Go to the Member Of tab -> Click on the Add button
6. Enter the names of the items to choose field
7. Write Administrators after that Click on the Check Names then press OK
8. Select the option Administrators then hit the option Apply and OK/
Is It Working For You?
The users who have tried methods above find the solution to the message you need permission to perform this action. If it still doesn’t work, we recommend you ask for professional help.